ABOUT THE GAME
Ard Rí is a 2 to 5 player strategic competitive card game, designed for players ages 14 and up.
In the game, players take on the role of ancient Gaelic warlords and compete among each other to collect the most wealth in order to force the other players to acknowledge them as the ARD RÍ (i.e. the High King).
Ard Rí has been heavily influenced by the history and mythology of the ancient Celts and that influence is reflected in the game-play.
Average game-play time is 30 to 90 minutes. A simplified introductory version is also available for children ages 5+.
- Ard Rí Overview & Setup. Providing an overview of the game and setup instructions (in English).
- Ard Rí Quick-Reference sheet (in English). Designed to facilitate game-play. For use with the both the Core Game and the Advanced version.
- Ard Rí Core Rules. Detailed instructions (in English) to be used in conjunction with the Quick Reference sheet.
- Ard Rí Advanced Version Rules. Advanced rules containing instructions and information regarding Warrior Special Abilities. Please note that our Celtic Myth Playing Card decks are required to play the Advanced Version. These instructions have been designed for use in conjunction with the Advanced Rules Quick Reference sheet.
- Ard Rí - Advanced Version Rules - Quick Reference sheet (Character Powers). Details all the character powers on a quick access, easy to use reference sheet (in English). For use with the Advanced version of the game.
- Ard Rí Children's Version. A simplified version of the game designed for younger children.
- Glossary of Terms (Gaelic to English).
Download a single zip of all the above rules for Ard Ri